Settlement or Indefinite Leave to Remain is the legal status granted to a person who is allowed to settle in the UK but is not yet a citizen. Settlement/Indefinite Leave to Remain is granted to foreign citizens after they have spent a specified period in the UK who qualify for settlement under the Immigration rules.
Your right to apply for Settlement/Indefinite Leave to Remain will depend on the Immigration category you have been given, which is dependent on factors including:
- whether you are working in the UK.
- whether you have partners and family members in the UK.
- whether you are seeking asylum in the UK.
- whether you have invested a certain amount of money in the UK.
- whether you have lived in the UK for a requisite period of time.
To be granted Settlement/Indefinite Leave to Remain, most applicants will need to show that they can speak and understand the English language and have a good understanding of life in the UK. Settlement/Indefinite Leave to Remain is granted when you have met the criteria of UK Immigration rules or if you are seeking Settlement/Indefinite Leave to Remain in special circumstances.
If you have a question or need advice about staying in the UK if you are not already a citizen, call We talk Law. We are the only phone-based legal service covering all aspects of Immigration Law. Our highly professional solicitors have at least 10 years experience advising people on Settlement and Indefinite Leave to Remain.
If you need immigration advice or legal help over the phone, call us today for a free initial assessment. A practising Immigration lawyer will call you back, and provide unlimited legal advice for just £68 – there are no other charges. Get in touch.
We Talk Law's three easy steps for providing helpful legal advice:
- Call us for your free initial assessment, to tell us about your legal problem
- If we can help you, one of expert lawyers call you back at an agreed time
- You get unlimited legal advice over the phone, all for a fixed fee of £68